Hey – did you know Scott Snyder is coming to this year’s Awesome Con? I didn’t know either! But any time he’s in a panel, it’s always a lot of fun. Plus, how can you miss with a guy that writes stuff like Batman, Swamp Thing, American Vampire, and Wytches? You can’t miss. So there.
And y’know Wil Wheaton is gonna be there too! Didn’t know? Neither did I! There’s a lot I didn’t know about who’s coming, and so the lovely and talented folks at Awesome Con decided to help out folks like me (and you?) Behold – THE list! Okay. Behold THE list for now; there’s always new stuff being added, but so far this looks sweeeeeet.
Read on for all the details – and see you at the con!
Washington, D.C. (April 18, 2017) – Awesome Con, the mid-Atlantic’s premier pop culture convention, brings a three-day celebration of television, movies, comic books, science, technology and more back to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center from Friday, June 16 through Sunday, June 18. Fans will be able to explore hundreds of hours’ worth of programming including: celebrity and expert-driven panel discussions; iconic film memorabilia exhibits; cosplay fashion shows; video game showdowns; and more. Exciting additions to Awesome Con 2017 include an even more playful and educational kids zone in the form of Awesome Con Junior, Pride Alley showcasing LGBTQ artists and pop culture intersections in partnership with Geeks OUT, and a more stimulating science and technology pavilion sure to delight curious minds. Now in its fourth year, Awesome Con is setting a new standard as an ever-more inclusive and dynamic destination for fans of all ages across the spectrum of ‘geeky.’
When: Friday, June 16; exhibit hall hours 12pm – 8pm, programming until 10pm
Saturday, June 17; exhibit hall hours 10am – 7pm, programming until 10pm
Sunday, June 18; exhibit hall hours 10am – 5pm
Where: Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mt. Vernon Pl NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Stan Lee (Creator of Spider-Man, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, X-Men)
From Doctor Who:
- David Tennant (Doctor Who, Jessica Jones, DuckTales, Broadchurch, Gracepoint)
- Billie Piper (Doctor Who, Penny Dreadful, Secret Diary of a Call Girl)
- Catherine Tate (Doctor Who, The Catherine Tate Show, The Office)
- John Barrowman (Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Torchwood, Doctor Who)
- Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Big Bang Theory, The Guild, Eureka, NUMB3RS)
- Khary Payton (AMC’s The Walking Dead, Teen Titans GO, Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Big Hero 6: The Series)
- Eliza Dushku (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Tru Calling, Dollhouse)
- Kel Mitchell (All That, Game Shakers, Good Burger, Keenan and Kel)
- Jason David Frank (Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers)
- Felicia Day (The Guild, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, Eureka, Supernatural)
- Greg Capullo (Batman, Reborn, X-Force, Quasar, The Creech)
- Scott Snyder (American Vampire, Batman, Swamp Thing, Voodoo Heart)
Cost: Daily and full weekend passes available
- Friday or Sunday Only Admission: $35
- Saturday Only Admission: $45
- 3-Day ‘Geekend’ Pass: $75
- Kids 10 and under: free with coupon code AWESOMEJR
VIP passes & experiences range from $150 to $379 and offer access to various celebrity appearances and special events.
Website: www.awesomecon.com is updated regularly with new guests, exciting exhibitors, and special programming.
- Facebook: facebook.com/AwesomeConDc
- Twitter: @AwesomeCon
- Instagram: @awesomecons
- Tumblr: awesomecons.tumblr.com
About Awesome Con
Awesome Con is the biggest annual comic and pop culture convention in Washington, D.C., having welcomed over 50,000 attendees in 2016. Awesome Con celebrates all aspects of geekdom and pop culture, with a wide assortment of engaging events, comic books, collectibles, toys, games, original art, cosplay and more. Awesome Con is presented in partnership with LeftField Media, an event organization company developed by the founder of New York Comic Con.