As someone who used to live thisclose to the Discovery Channel building, Shark Week is a big deal for me. (Miss you, Chompie!)
So to celebrate the sharkiest time of the year, let’s drink! Don’t do booze? Works just fine with soda, tea or whatever. Probably better, as you’ll actually remember the episodes the next day….
The In No Way Official Shark Week Drinking Game
* Drink every time you hear an Australian or South African accent. If that person isn’t Australian or South African, finish your drink. (#faildrink)
* Drink every time a shark’s dorsal fin protrudes from the water.
* Drink every time a narrator uses the phrase “feeding frenzy.”
* Drink every time there’s a overly-dramatic reenactment of a shark attack. (Note: ALL Shark Week reenactments are overly dramatic.)
* Drink every time you see someone in a shark cage.
* Drink every time an expert mentions chum, a shark attack statistic, or a shark fact (note: once per expert, or you’ll be on the floor in the first 5 minutes.)
* Drink every time the camera shows a surfboard or person underwater in the same frame as a shark.
* Drink if they show a chewed-up surfboard, raft or sea kayak.
* Every time a new person is interviewed, drink.
* Drink every time someone says, “this species of shark is normally very peaceful.”
* Every time a person is declared a “shark expert,” drink.
* Finish your drink at the end of the episode. Should you not finish between the end of the episode and the start of the new show, chug an extra beer.
* If they mention the state you live in, or grew up in? Drink.
* Drink every time the show references a new type of shark. If the shark does not attack humans (nurse shark) drink three times.
* If a shark attacks something, drink. If that something is a seal, finish your drink.
* Drink every time someone mentions punching a shark in the nose or eye to stop an attack.
* Drink every time some one mentions “Jaws”, if the “Jaws” theme music plays, or if there’s a clip from the movie. Then say “we are going to need a bigger boat”.
* When a shark attack victim talks about the attack, drink.
* Drink every time shark attack odds are given.
* Drink for every limb the shark victim lost. If it happened to be their genitalia, the least you could do is finish your drink.
* Drink every time you see a subdued shark being poked, prodded, or given a tracking device on a boat.
* When a great white gets air, drink. Beware: do this one during Air Jaws marathons at your own risk.
(cobbled together & edited from Drink Nation, Bro Tips, and other sites on the interwebs.)