I am woman, hear me roar! Except in a movie theater. That’s just rude.
- Follow Atomic Fangirl on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- At Home Review: “The Hunt”
- Con News: Overlook Film Fest 2020 postponed
- Randy Rainbow channels his inner Hercules in his latest parody, “Social Distance”!
- At Home Ideas – “20 Astonishingly Apropos NETFLIX Movies to Watch During the 2020 Self Isolation” by Flick Connection!
- Movie News: from Entertainment Weekly – “Birds of Prey”, “The Hunt”, and more new releases come to VOD for your at-home viewing pleasure!
Tag Archives: Comedies
Nutshell: I shouldn’t watch the end credits of a Hart & Haddish comedy trying to figure out why I’m unimpressed with what I just saw. But I was. Give these two better folks behind the camera. Grade: D+ “That’s what’s … Continue reading
Nutshell: SIGH. I really wanted to love this movie. Yet I just can’t. Jokes that fall flat and/or are drawn out for way too long. A story that doesn’t really seem to know where it’s going or what it’s trying … Continue reading
“I need you to use your lady mouth.” Just the idea of a Queen Latifah/Jada Pinkett Smith/Regina Hall/Tiffany Haddish (OMG do yourself a favor and check out Haddish whenever she’s on @midnight) buddy comedy has me ready to line up … Continue reading
Nutshell: Hart and Johnson make a great team in Central Intelligence, a film that focuses on the funny and puts the serious business of espionage on the back burner. That’s a good thing; here, it’s the connection (real or perceived) … Continue reading
Christmas in July! No, that’s not what happens when the a/c goes on a bender…though I do enjoy the cool even though I need to scrape the frost off the cat. I’m talking about Almost Christmas, an ensemble comedy that’s … Continue reading
Indie films. So proper. So staid and serious. SIKE! Just because something’s indie doesn’t mean it can’t be fun. Case in point; this trailer for the indie comedy The Bet. Synopsis! A down on his luck man gets into an … Continue reading