I am woman, hear me roar! Except in a movie theater. That’s just rude.
- Follow Atomic Fangirl on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- At Home Review: “The Hunt”
- Con News: Overlook Film Fest 2020 postponed
- Randy Rainbow channels his inner Hercules in his latest parody, “Social Distance”!
- At Home Ideas – “20 Astonishingly Apropos NETFLIX Movies to Watch During the 2020 Self Isolation” by Flick Connection!
- Movie News: from Entertainment Weekly – “Birds of Prey”, “The Hunt”, and more new releases come to VOD for your at-home viewing pleasure!
Tag Archives: Post-Apocalyptic stuff
Originally published at The Green Man Review! “Oh lord, keep me safe from harm. Oh lord, keep me safe from my skin” This is a first novel? Wow. Absolutely stunning. Feels a bit like Shirley Jackson’s We Have Always Lived in the … Continue reading
“People will do horrible things to survive.” Story: After a global winter, the lucky ones live in underground “Colonies” where people are safe, and avoiding the flu is literally a way of life. But when one Colony sends an SOS … Continue reading
“Here it is folks. It’s happened.” Story: An impact in the North Atlantic obliterates Western Europe, the East Coast of the United States, and West Africa, with the rest of the world quickly following suit. Australia has 12 hours to … Continue reading
Let’s face it; Cloverfield was fascinating, but there were tons of questions I had afterwards. Why all the “Slusho” stuff during Cloverfield‘s viral campaign? Why did the monster come up anyway? And what the hell happened afterwards? Well, we may … Continue reading
A movie franchise based on a crazy-popular YA trilogy of novels. Sound familiar? Oh yeah, Hollywood is definitely mining the Young Adult section of the bookstore right now. And The 5th Wave is the newest book-to-film coming our way. Based … Continue reading
Sometimes I’m too lazy for a full-out piece. Sometimes everything I’ve got to say about a film can be summarized in a sentence or two. Sometimes it’s both. So herewith, a quick-n-dirty on The Maze Runner! Nutshell: I’d give The … Continue reading