I am woman, hear me roar! Except in a movie theater. That’s just rude.
- Follow Atomic Fangirl on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- Musical Hell’s Know the Score tackles the amazing “Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of the Worlds”
- TrailerWatch “Spiral: From the Book of Saw” teaser is here!
- Where to watch this year’s #OscarShorts (if you can’t get to a theater)
- Baltimore Screening Pass-palooza: “Sonic the Hedgehog”!
- “Birds of Prey” looks into Harley’s brain – and it’s glittery rainbow chaos
Category Archives: Catching Up Reviews
Because sometimes I don’t get to a screening, or a film just isn’t screened for press. Herewith, my take on the Hellboy reboot! It is, however, a whole lot of messy, stupid fun if you can get past the screenplay … Continue reading
Already in theaters? Yeah, I go to the multiplex like A Normal when I miss a screening. Here’s a peek at my thoughts about The Meg! Big Ass Shark! Who doesn’t love a blockbuster shark movie during the summer? Well, … Continue reading
Bloody, bloody, bloody. And bloody good. See what I did there? FINE. But if you can stomach the copious amounts of gruesome battle FX (apparently director Gibson loves slinging blood onscreen. See: The Passion of the Christ) you’ll find an … Continue reading
As with Manchester, this movie-based-on-a-play is a slice of life story starring actors that nabbed Tony Awards for these same performances on Broadway. And deservedly so. Washington and Davis are incredible here, as is the entire cast who bring the … Continue reading
Let me make two things perfectly clear: 1) this is not a feel-good film. This is a film that grabs you by the lapel, glares in your face, and makes you cry. And I couldn’t look away, even when the … Continue reading
There’s a difference between a loving homage, and a poorly lit, badly directed, slap-and-paste edited, ripoff of the greats. Emma Stone gives a wonderful performance despite the dreck she has to wade through. And while she’s amazing, the plot is … Continue reading