I am woman, hear me roar! Except in a movie theater. That’s just rude.
- Follow Atomic Fangirl on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- Con News: BronyCon’s final year announces vendor applications and (In) Spirit Badges!
- Elsewhere Review: Pat Cadigan and Paul Dini’s DC Comics Novels – Harley Quinn: Mad Love
- Rapid Review: “Mary Queen of Scots”
- The Overlook Film Festival announces its 2019 dates!
- Baltimore Screening Pass-palooza: “If Beale Street Could Talk”!
Category Archives: The Horror!
Not the gory bloodbath that I’d been “warned” about, but gorehounds will be pleased at the amount of red in this horror tale set during WWII. A story that combines war thriller with body horror in a way that kept my … Continue reading
Nutshell: Cliches and tropes we’ve all seen too many times before. Characters we’ve all come to expect in horror films. And yet, Blumhouse’s tribute to Stranger Danger can be surprisingly effective at times. Not chilling, but effective. That’s worth a … Continue reading
“I repeat. There is no danger of the creature coming ashore.” Story: A huge aquatic creature clambers up from the deep, and onto Japanese soil. Red alert! Red alert! *SKREEONK* Scares: Of the mild, kaiju variety. Splat factor: Ditto. Mostly … Continue reading
Nutshell: Creepy, spooky, and effective as hell. Yes, the mental illness vs. actually being haunted plot point could have been a bit less Baby Be Crazy, and the sound editing could use a tweak or two to limit the number … Continue reading
Nutshell: creepy, chilling, and definitely not for the faint of heart, The Conjuring 2 is a worthy follow-up to its terrifying predecessor. A bit hokey at the very end, but it’s a small price to pay for some seriously good, … Continue reading